HAIR CARE ROUTINE || BLEACH BLONDE HAIR

6.10.15

Today I want to share my current hair care routine and some of my tips and trick to have healthy long'ish' blonde locks. First, let me backtrack a little and tell you a bit about my hair; naturally my hair is a dirty blonde colour, it is quite thick and I have a lot of hair. My first experience with bleach was when I was 16 and decided to get a few highlights put in (by a few I mean quite a lot), gradually I started to go lighter and lighter and within a year or so I had bleach blonde hair. Then I decided to dye my hair brow... I absolutely hated it and dyed it back to blonde very very quickly (bad move!). My hair was fine for a few weeks and then it became vey dry, brittle and eventually snapped off! It was growing at a steady rate but the length didn't really change as the ends snapped off all the time. Around 2 years ago I decided to cut my hair to a very short length and just start fresh (I wore extensions for a year because I don't really like my hair short). Since then I have tried to nourish my hair with various treatments and hair masks as much as possible. Now that I got this out of the way let me actually tell you what I do on a weekly basis.

So I wash my hair once or twice (mostly twice) during the week to keep the natural oils in my hair - in between washes I will sometimes use dry shampoo but I find that my hair doesn't really get that greasy so I don't tend to reach for it very often. I use several different shampoos and conditioners that I think work well for my hair, right now I'm using the Goldwell Kerasilk ultra rich shampoo and conditioner and find that it makes my hair very manageable but my one true love is still the Joico K-Pak. When I wash my hair I apply conditioner to my ends and focus the shampoo on the scalp and really massage it in to promote hair growth (or at least I like to think that that's what I'm doing) then I rinse and repeat the process. After, I either apply conditioner to the ends or some sort of hair mask  and rinse it off at the end of my shower, the one I'm using now is the Berber mask from Osmo and I really like it. Once a week or whenever I feel like I need it, I will use purple shampoo to get rid of the brassy tones; I find that Bleach London gives me a very nice colour, very quickly and I have never managed to turn my hair purple with it.


After I get out the shower I wrap my hair in a towel making sure that I'm not rough with my hair because that's when its most prone to breakage. I let me hair dry for a little and then apply a few products before brushing it, firstly I apply either the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap (which is such a good product... seriously if you're a blonde or have damaged hair go get it now!) or the Goldwell Kerasilk Silk Fluid and then some sort of oil. Lately I've been using the Macadamia Oil Treatment but once I'm done with it I will repurchase the Morrocan Oil because I like it a little bit more and it makes my hair a little bit softer.

Then I start to brush out my hair, I always start by brushing near the ends to untangle any knots and then work my way up, I feel this is the most gentle on the hair; for this I use my Wet brush. Once I'm done with brushing my hair I let my hair air dry as much as possible and then just before blow drying I spray some heat protectant (I never skip this step), I rough dry my hair and when it is around 80-90% dry I will use a round brush to smooth it out and dry it completely....I don't do this all the time because sometimes I get a little lazy.


I will use coconut oil in my hair at least once a week because I really see results with it, I apply it all over my hair and scalp to really nourish everything and leave it on overnight, then wash it off in the morning. I really feel like this makes so much difference in how my hair looks and the overall health of my hair. If you have any more questions about my hair and what I do to keep it healthy just leave me a comment and I'll do my best to reply.

Dom xx






Share this PostPin ThisShare on Google PlusEmail This