SLEEK HIGHLIGHTING PALETTE

18.2.16

sleek makeup palette, affordable makeup




sleek makeup palette, affordable makeup

sleek makeup palette swatches, affordable makeup, highlighting

sleek makeup palette, affordable makeup, highlighting, solstice


Recently I read a blogpost by Jen from The Budget Beauty Blog where she talked about the best affordable highlighters and instantly it made me think of the Sleek Highlighting palette in Solstice. This palette is amazing, not only because its £10 but because it has everything you need in it and it will last you a life time.

The palette holds four highlighting shades, three powders and one cream. Its an all-round highlighting palette with warm and cool shades that will look great with any makeup look. The powders themselves are quite fine and give off a lovely sheen (there's no chunky glitter) but are most definitely build-able if you prefer a very intense highlight. The cream highlighter would be great for the summer months. I tried it a few times and just like the powders it leaves a lovely sheen on your face and does not budge like some other cream products do. If you've tried the MAC paint pots you know that they set and don't really move about much, its the same with this, its still a very creamy product but it doesn't slip and slide once it sets on your face.

The four shades in the palette are Ecliptic which is the cream highlight shade, its quite neutral. Hemisphere is the most intense out of all of them, its a lovely pinky/purple colour. Then SubSolar which is a very light yellow shade, it would be great for paler skin tones and for someone who doesn't want a very intense highlight look. Last but not least, Equinox which is personally my favourite (right now) its a lovely peachy colour, that works well when I have a bit more of a tan. I like that all the shades give off different levels of intensity and that they are very buildable.

The palette itself comes in lovely gold packaging which looks a lot more high end than the standard Sleek packaging and you do get a small brush with it, but as almost every brush that comes with a makeup palette its not the best quality. I tend to use the Real Techniques duo-fiber contour brush because it leaves me with a nice subtle highlight, if I'm going for a more intense look I'll use the Setting brush or just my fingers which pack on the product a bit more. Right now, I have been reaching for the powder shades more purely because its still cold outside and I prefer the finish off them, but I am sure that I will start using the cream shade closer to summer. In fact Sleek do a second palette which is three cream shades and one powder; I may have to pick it up at some point as we get closer to the summer months. Let me know if you've tried this palette and if you like it? Also, what are your favourite highlighters?

Dominika
Share this PostPin ThisShare on Google PlusEmail This