MAKEUP GEEK EYESHADOWS

23.9.16



 

Long time no post eh? I've been away for a while trying to organise my life after uni etc. but I've made a great schedule that I'm going to stick to because I absolutely love blogging.

I have wanted the Makeup Geek eyeshadows for a while now after watching everyone rave about them, but have never ordered them because of the duty and postage fees that I was a bit worried about. Only recently I ventured onto Beautybay and discovered they had most of the range! and so of course I couldn't help myself and ordered a bunch of the colours.

I ended up ordering a few neutral colours as these are the colours I use on an everyday basis, so I knew that I would be able to test them and use them to their full potential. I ended up ordering the shades; cocoa bear, flame thrower, in the spotlight, americano, bitten, burlesque, goddess, roulette, cosmopolitan, latte, creme brûlée and peach smoothie.

All of the eyeshadows form the standard range are beautiful! They are easy to blend not too powdery and last all day long on the lids. My favourites are creme brule, I use this as a transition shade and peach smoothie, which is a great barely there all over the lid colour as well as a great transition shade. The shadows are super pigmented and are great value for money considering they're a fiver!

Now! Lets talk about the foiled eyeshadows! I only ordered two of the shades as I didn't really know what to expect and wanted to test them out! I can truly say that these are my favourite eyeshadows and I will definitely be ordering more! If you have any of the standard makeup geek shadows you already know that they are really easy to blend, but these babies are out of this world. You need just the tiniest bit of the eyeshadow and its super pigmented and blends like a dream. Seriously, they feel like butter and are so sparkly and shiny looking - what more could you want from an eyeshadow? Overall, I think that the makeup geek shadows are a great hit, you just can't go wrong with them (especially the foiled ones!).

I store my shadows in a Makeup Forever case. I prefer the look and the quality of the case compared to the standard Z-pallette. I feel like its sturdier and the magnet in it is super strong! You get a protective film to put over your eyeshadows as well as a foam protector which is great if your shadow pans don't reach the top (the Makeup Geek ones don't), the only downside is that it doesn't have a clear top like the Z-pallette, but honestly I don't mind that much because I know what shadows I keep in there. 

Let me know if you have tried these and love them as much as I do and what other shades are bomb!

Love, Dominika xx
Share this PostPin ThisShare on Google PlusEmail This