MORPHE SOUL OF SUMMER PALETTE | REVIEW

30.9.16

 


Today I wanted to talk to you about the Morphe Soul of Summer Palette. I know that I just reviewed a load of the Makeup Geek eyeshadows but I had to grab this when I saw it! The palette has 12 super shiny metallic shades, no mattes at all! (I love anything shiny so this was a no brainer for me).

The colours are warm toned and yes, there are a few similar shades but overall I think you get a really nice mixture of colours which will be great for autumn (or summer as the name suggests). I was quite pleasantly surprised with the quality as I really wasn't expecting much from this palette because it's only about £10. The eyeshadows are quite nice and smooth, they're not patchy and are very decently pigmented, but, they are a little bit on the powdery side. Nothing major but you can notice the texture and you do get a little bit of fallout if you try to pack the shadow on the lid. What I like to do to get the most out of these shadows is load some on my brush and then spray with a little bit of MAC fix plus which makes them more intense and metallic and less powdery.

The packaging is a little bit cheap feeling, it's made out of plastic and doesn't have a mirror in it. I wish it that it was a little thicker to make it a little bit sturdier but overall its not terrible, it keeps the shadows intact and that's what matters really. I think that the palette is good value for money and the shadows themselves perform quite well.

Let me know if you've ever tried any of the Morphe makeup and if you'd recommend it?

Love, Dominika xx
Share this PostPin ThisShare on Google PlusEmail This